Sunday, November 9, 2008

Well, That Was Interesting...

Working as a home stager for many years, you would be suprised at some of the day-to-day encounters that I face...

Take pet's for example: Home owners LOVE their pets! Buyers, on the other hand, are usually not so fond of the little critters, especially when they leave their calling card on the carpet! *Mental note: do not remove shoes when animals are not house broken. Ok, I'm not ready to leave the pet issue alone just yet... Why is it that large dogs (let me put this delicately) think I have treats for them in my slacks?! I may have to charge extra for the persistant ones.

Let's not forget the other little critters: What is adorable art to one person is just plain graffiti to buyers. Parents who allow their children to "express their creative side" should be prepared to paint the walls before selling. Oil based art supplies may require washing and priming prior to painting. But rest assure... Junior's masterpiece will be well worth the extra work. Maybe in the next house these parents can try offering paper.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job! Every house has its own story; every client offers varying views; every day is a different experience. Good, bad, and (sometimes just plain) ugly, being a home stager is not just what I do, but it is who I am.

Later, k.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

KFM Staging & Design
"Creating First Impressions That Sell!"
Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

No comments: